LUXURY BEAUTY MADE SIMPLE WITH NO NASTIES !!!
The skin is the body’s largest organ, and an active barrier between our bodies and the environment. It’s well known that what you put on your skin ends up in your body – just think of
nicotine patches. That’s why we believe it’s really important to know exactly what’s in the products you use on your skin.
Over the last 50 years, tens of thousands of new chemicals have been developed, most of which have never been properly tested on humans. We absorb a huge array of these synthetic chemicals through our food, our toiletries, and our immediate environment, and whilst we may not be able to avoid all of these chemicals, we believe it makes sense to do what we can to minimise contact wherever possible.
WHAT’S IN OUR PRODUCTS?
When it comes to ingredients, we pride ourselves on our honesty, integrity and transparency. We make our products with the maximum organic, natural and wild ingredients, and carefully select other functional ingredients (detergents, emulsifiers, surfactants etc) with a view to safety, efficacy and biodegradability. Our entire range makes use of high quality organic plant-based ingredients, and we fully disclose our ingredient information with our customers, both online and, where space allows, on our packaging.
We believe that what you leave out of a product can be as important as what you put in. Here’s just a few of the ingredients you won’t find in any of our products, and why:
– No silicones – they coat skin, and impede its natural function
– No mineral oils – derived from petroleum, and have a tendency to block the skin
– No parabens – these are linked to hormonal imbalances
– No GM ingredients – not enough is known about possible long-term implications
– No phthalates – it’s reported they have toxic impact on humans and animal life
– No propylene glycol – derived from petroleum
– No animal testing – unnecessary and cruel
– No DEA – associated with known carcinogens
– No EDTA – (powerful metal chelator), and doesn’t biodegrade readily
– No acrylates – derived from petroleum
– No nano – not enough is known about its long term implications
– No BHT – linked to breathing and lung impairment